Pentland Park has a number of garages available to rent, and these become available from time to time. Please apply to the Park Office if you would like to rent a garage.
The 2018 rent for a garage is £38.00 per calendar month, payable on the first working day of each month.
Terms of garage rental
The rental of a garage on Pentland Park is available to residents only, and it is non-transferable. For example, if you sell your home, you may not "pass on" a garage rental to the buyer.
Acceptable use of the garage
- Garages are intended for vehicle storage only.
- As per the Park Rules, no vehicle maintenance / repairs, other than minor, are permitted on the Park; this includes within garages.
- You must not hang anything from the roof of the garage, mount anything to the walls, or otherwise interfere with the structure of the garage.
- You may store no more than one 5 litre fuel can and 2 small (up to 500g) camping stove gas cylinders.
- Garages may be used only by current Park Residents or members of staff.
- You will be provided with the only keys to the garage.
- We hold no spares, and do not have access to the garage except when you accompany us.
- If you lose your key, we will replace the lock, at your cost.
- Maintenance and safety inspections will be required from time to time.
- You will need accompany us to provide access; a mutually-convenient time will be arranged at least one week in advance.
- We reserve the right to ask you to temporarily vacate the garage to allow for maintenance work to be carried out.
- If you cause damage to the garage, you will be liable for the repairs, and we may require you to vacate it.
- Garage rental is payable monthly in advance. (Payment by standing order or via the Park Office.)
Terminating the agreement
- Should arrears in payments build up or persist, or another breach of these conditions occurs, this agreement will be terminated without notice, and you will be required to vacate the garage.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time, with 30 days' notice.
- If you sell your home, this agreement will be terminated automatically on the date of sale, and you must vacate the garage by that date.
- On vacating the garage, you must leave it clean and empty, and return any keys to the Park Office. We will carry out an inspection.
- Any items left in the garage after termination will be treated as abandoned, and will be disposed of after 7 days.